#Lemon #Rice #Shevai #Upma
Lemon Shevai Upma
Very tasty and light breakfast item....
Can be prepared quick....
*Rice Shevai... 200 grams
*Oil... 6 tbspn
*Dry Red chillies...3
*Grated Coconut... 3 tbspn
*Peanuts.... 2 tbspn
*Lemon juice... 3..4 tsp
*Salt... 1 tsp
*Mustard seeds... 1/4 tsp
*Udad dal... 1 tbspn
* Heat 1 litre water, switch off the gas. Soak Rice Shevai in water for 4..6 minutes. Cover the pan with the lid. Drain in colander and wash it again with normal room temperature water, to stop the cooking process.
*Slit and cut green chillies in big pieces. Also break dry Red chillies in big pieces.
* Heat the oil in a wide based pan, fry cashew nuts till pink in colour, remove and keep aside.
Again saute peanuts till crisp. Remove and keep them aside .
All this should be done on low flame.
*Now in the same Oil add mustard seeds, after it splutters add Udad dal, when it turns out pink in colour add both chilles, curry leaves and saute for a minute. Gas flame can be medium.
* Add lemon juice, Salt mix well.
*Immediately add Rice Shevai, grated Coconut and mix all with gentle hands.
* Saute this for 5 minutes, sauting occasionally.
* Switch off the gas, add fried cashew and peanuts.
* Serve hot....