Spicy Mushroom Rice
This is a very tasty, delicious and full of flavours preperation...
The use of fresh Mushrooms and the right amount of spices makes the rice more palatable and fragrant.
When this rice is cooked at home, the surrounding area is filled with such an amazing aroma.
Here I have served this rice with Raw Mango Kadhi... which is sweet and sour in taste. Even fresh home made Buttermilk also goes very well.
You can serve with hot Kadhi... prepared from fresh Curd in rainy season or winter....
* Aromatic Rice ... 1/2 Cup
1 Cup...400 ml
*Fresh button Mushrooms... 200 grams
*Chopped Onions ... 1/2 Cup
*Dry Coconut grated ... 1/4 Cup
*Chopped Coriander ... 1/4 cup
*Chopped green chillies ... 3
*Garlic cloves ... 3
*Grated Ginger ... 1 tsp
*Oil ...4 Tablespoon
*Turmeric ... 1/2 tsp
*Salt ... 1 tsp
*Garam masala ...1/2 tsp
*Goda masala ... 1 tsp... optional
*Coriander powder ... 2 tsp
* First of all, wash the rice , drain the water and set aside.
*Wash and clean the Mushrooms in salty water. Place in colander, when water drains out completely , slice them length wise
* Grind coconut , chilli,
Coriander, ginger and garlic in a mixer without adding water.
* Heat Oil in a cooker and add turmeric powder and chopped Onions. Saute for 3..4 minutes on medium flame.Then add coconut, chilli, coriander grinded mix, saute on low flame for 3..4 minutes.
* Then add sliced Mushrooms and saute for 4 minutes. Add coriander powder, goda masala, garam masala.
* Add washed rice and mix lightly by hand.
* Add 1 cups of hot water and salt and mix well. Water used is double the quantity of Rice.
*Cook over medium high flame till one whistle. Turn off the gas immediately.
* Serve hot rice, with home made Ghee and Mango Kadhi.
Garam masala recipe ....
You can get the recipe in English and then in Marathi by clicking on the link below ... http://www.renurasoi.com/2018/08/garam-masala.html?m=1